Monday 4 May 2015

Mixed Media Cards and some news!

Hi there!!

I just popped in quickly to share some mixed media cards I have put together over the last little while :)

I made this background as part of a challenge over at Deer & Fawn (on their FB page) and WON!! Yay! But the challenge was to use 1 stamp, 1 spray and 1 stencil. I did use 2 sprays and 2 stamps but I love how my background turned out!


I used some watercolour paper and made sure I had a piece that was going to be the right size to chop in 2 to make 2 card fronts.

When I finally got around to making up the cards I reached into my new little "use it or lose it" box and reached for some Dear Lizzy stickers and also some Maggie Holmes photo overlays and this is what I came up with.


The only things I have added to the stickers and the overlay for this card was the sequins and some Heidi Swapp gold colour shine :)

This card ended up going to my awesome MIL for her birthday.


And a little up close and personal with the cluster at the bottom.


So, I have added only a tiny couple of extras to this as well. The white doily from my stash and the flowers actually had a sentiment printed under where it says "Best Buddies" but I just didn't like it so changed it up with some Simple Stories tiny word stickers :)


And another up close and personal!

So much fun!! And I am off to another Mixed Media class this Saturday, can't wait!! And this idea of a "use it or lose it" box has really seen my using more of stash - both from that box and from all my other piles of pretty things!!

Onto my news!!

I am so, so, so excited to share that I DID make it onto the Tiddly Inks DT. This was my 2nd attempt so I am beyond thrilled and excited that Christy invited me to play with her gorgeous creations!!

If you would like to see the card I applied with head over here and if you would like to see my 1st application you can see that here! Yikes my colouring has improved!!

So, hopefully I will be keeping things up to date here but most definitely over on my FB To The Stars and Back - would love it if you headed over and "liked" me there too!!

So, I know I have a lot of crafty things happening including colouring and our PL album - which is almost up to date - squeal, so excited!! I will head back here soon and share more! Until then happy scrapping!!

Melinda
xx


1 comment:

  1. Good on you on all fronts! Love your MM bg & it looks fabulous on your cards. A use it or lose it box, eh? Now's there's a fabulous idea:):)

    ReplyDelete